So I have been looking forward to this day for awhile. I work with the youth at our church and we had a planed activity to go on a bike ride to the beach. The bike ride goes down Sycamore canyon and is about 8 miles. It is pretty much all downhill and well groomed. I decided to take Alexis with me on the back of my bike.
So within the first mile I get a "non-fixable" flat tire. (the stem of the valve was pulling away from the tube) Luckily Bill Saylors was riding next to me and stayed to help. I was prepared to walk to the bottom and then Tom Pollard came back and switched me tires. So I cruised on ahead to hurry and get to the bottom so I could ride another bike back up with his tire while he rode down on my flat tire.
I am cruising down and I come around a bend and there are two coyotes in the middle of the road. I started yelling at them so they ran away, but I was looking over my shoulder the entire way. Kind of scary.
Well I finally made it to the beach, come to find out Tom had to tie the tire to the wheel so that it would stay on. He cut up his shoe laces to make it work. Chivalry certainly is not dead.
We had a really fun time at the beach, played volleyball and ultimate frisbee. A seal caming swimming through the waves and everyone had a great time.
Alexis and I road home in Marsha Saylors car. So we were driving along and a white civic comes screeching around us. He was passing a string of cars, over a double yellow, going 90ish in a 55. Just as we came over this rise there was a car coming in the other lane so he slams on his breaks, spins out right between us and the car in front of us rolls off the shoulder and into the ditch. We pulled off to the side and the first thing I grab is Allie's baby wipes. I thought whoever was in the car was going to be really injured so I ran back to see.
It was two guys in their mid twenties and both were ok. One had a cut by his eyebrow that was bleeding like crazy and I gave him my wipies. They spoke a string of profanity in their frustation, offered no apology and had no remorse. Meanwhile Marsha was on the phone with the police. The two guys were acting really wierd. We could see them gathering up their stuff and they didn't seen to want any help. I went back to see how things where going on the phone and all of the sudden I saw them running away. They just left!!!! So they were either drunk or it was a stolen car.
The way they spun out around us was almost like angels were around our car guiding it perfectly around us. I know someone was looking out for us.
Well I am home now. I am not going to even think of trying anything remotely risky, no driving, cooking or shaving. I think I'm going to bed.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment