Monday, July 13, 2009

Get this baby here!

Anyone who has ever been pregnant knows that the last couple of weeks seem like they drag on forever. You are more than willing to try any old wives tale to help start labor. I think my family was actually more eager for me to have the baby so we tried all kinds of things.
It started with a show called 'The Doctors'. On the show they talked about a salad this restaurant in Studio City, CA that has a salad that urban myth claims can induce labor. So a couple of weeks from the due date Mom Baker said we should go down and get this salad. About 9 o'clock at night, David, Alexis, Mom and I drove down to Studio City and tried 'The salad' from Caoti's restaurant, we also got some yummy gelato while we were there. The secret is supposedly in the balsamic dressing, so we also bought a bottle of that for $12. I got a couple of good contractions in the middle of the night but not enough to do anything.
In addition to the salad, we walked up a really steep hill by our house, ate pineapple, and David gave me foot massages. The day before Blake was born we decided to go get Chinese foot massages, that seems to have done the trick. It was really fun because we went to this little place and David, Shane, Kelly, Mom, Dad and Alexis were there. It seemed to have done the trick.

4 comments:

Gunnell Fam said...

When was your actual due date? Was Blake late? Glad things worked to get him here. He sure is a cutie. Boys are fun! I can't believe you went to Disneyland so late in your pregnancy. It sounds miserable! :)

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

hahahah! I like that show when I get time to rest from my busy boy wanting to still wrestle with mommy! I guess i would try it but I am waiting for my c-section date!
So glad you are both doing well

Amber Smith said...

Hey I am so glad I found your blog. I am hope we can keep in touch now. Good luck with your delivery, hope everything goes well.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Bex! I realize that you just had a baby, but I seriously need to see some cute pics of your little boy!
Miss you!