Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Second Child-The First 6 Months

If someone were to come across this blog they may think that we only have one child. It's not that a 2nd child doesn't exist, it's that has mother has not done much to document his life. I was chatting with a few Mom's about this at the Relief Society Broadcast last night (which was amazing by the way). Blogs today are what Baby Books used to be when I was a baby. I was the first child- therefore my baby book is amazing. It has documented my first word, step, etc. My brothers don't have quite the extensive history of their childhood recorded that I do.

So with that backstory this blog entry is all about Blake Lorden Baker. He was born June 21st 2009, Father's Day. It was special and amazing day and he was greeted by a lot of loving family. His middle name is Lorden because that is his father, grandfather, great-granfather and great-great-grandfather's middle name, each of them the first born son. The name Blake means dark and handsome, he came out with black brown hair and olive skin like his daddy. From day one he has been a healthy eater. He loves balls, mommy snuggles, food, his pacifier, and undoing things (toilet paper rolls, shoe rack, tupperware cupboard, etc) I am still figuring out his personality, at first he was very easy going, he is now a bit more assertive, I don't know if it's his age or what. I love to watch him walk, see things for the first time, and see his excitement when he sees mommy. I love being Blake's Mommy!!!Minutes old. He was born about 2:00 in the afternoon.We spent one night at the Woodland Hills Hospital. He is in his going home outfit.
Snuggle Bug.4th Of July parade in Mammoth.
First trip to beach day Tuesday's at Zuma, at about 1 month old.

First Dodger Game with Uncle Shane.

Blakes loves his big sister.Two months old.
4 Generations, Keith Lorden Baker, Blake Lorden Baker, David Lorden Baker Jr., and David Lorden Baker Sr.
I don't like hats!
Grandpa Mike
August 2009- Blake's blessing. Just as sacrament meeting started he had a blow out poop. The entire back of the outfit was ruined. Thankfully we had a blanket. He was blessed with a blanket that Mom and Dad Baker bought in Jerusalem in Bethlehem where it is believed that Christ was born.
August 2009Sept 2009 1st USC Game FIGHT ON!Sept 2009 3 months old
Oct 2009 Disneyworld Orlando, FLOct 2009 4 Months OldOct 2009 Underwood Family FarmsUnderwood Family FarmsOctober 2009 DisneylandHalloween 2009 We're off to see the Wizard....November 2009Trying solid food. He liked it.Alexis and her life-size doll.Not loving peas so much.November 2009 with cousin Cruise.Nov 2009December 2009 DisneylandDec 2009Alexis thought he would like her hat.Snuggling with our other new baby, Nala.Christmas morning 2009

3 comments:

Gunnell Fam said...

What a cutie. Glad to see an update!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Loved your post! I was wondering if you did have two kids! hee hee just teasing! :)

YOur kids are so adorable and you have such a beautiful little family! You are a great Mom Becky! MIss you!

JERI VANN said...

adorable family becky!!! he is so handsome!